The ESA Education Office is delighted to announce that the 4th Symposium on Room Academic actions will be hosted by the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech (UPC) in Spring 2021!
Following the phone for proposals, released before this 12 months, quite a few Universities from across ESA’s member states applied to host the 4thedition of this inspirational symposium. Right after very careful overview, UPC was last but not least chosen and was duly invited to be the up coming host.
UPC’s proposal centered on the a few wide ambitions of ‘a symposium for and by students’ ‘promotion of Europe’s space education to the world’ and ‘Equity, Gender balance, Diversity and Sustainability Goals’. UPCs internet hosting of the symposium expects to capitalize on the city and region’s burgeoning and assorted space sector as effectively as the strong heritage of the city’s several study and academic institutes.
UPC’s rector stated: “At UPC, we are delighted with the possibility of organizing the 4th SSEA in the course of the fiftieth anniversary of our College, and I personally would like to welcome all the educators, learners and pros keen to go to the symposium and pay a visit to Barcelona.”
As in earlier editions the symposium will give a discussion board for discussion on the current state and long run of Room Academic Functions in Europe and the wider planet, with a unique concentration on College amount additional-curricular actions, as effectively as offering learners the possibility to share their final results and experiences from this kind of actions.
It is envisaged that the Symposium will appeal to College educators and learners as effectively as those doing work on projects that ‘bridge the gap’ between high school and College actions, together with nearby and European organizations intrigued in space educational endeavours and their outputs.
Specifically the symposium aims:
- To allow educators (both equally curricular and additional-curricular) to showcase and share their experiences offering/supporting space educational actions at the tertiary education (i.e. College) amount
- To allow tertiary education (e.g. College) college student and youthful experienced participants in space educational actions to share their educational, scientific and specialized final results and experiences.
- To give a discussion board for discussion on the current and long run state of tertiary-amount space educational actions in Europe.
- To allow educators (together with College learners and high school lecturers) to showcase and share their experiences in offering space educational actions for the secondary (e.g. high school) education amount which ‘bridge’ the hole between secondary and tertiary education.
- To give networking possibilities for both equally space education pros and for participants in space education projects/actions.
- To elevate the knowledge of academic, industrial and federal government establishments/organisations of the worth of hands-on actions and specialised training and learning possibilities in the planning of the up coming era of space researchers and engineers.
The provisional dates for the symposium are 21-23 April 2021, with 23 April being St George’s (Pageant of Saint Jordi) working day, a regular working day of celebration in Catalonia, allowing symposium attendees who remain the weekend to enrich their cultural working experience!
Additional information, together with dates for the Contact for Abstracts, will be obtainable shortly.
Thank you for liking
You have presently favored this web page, you can only like it at the time!